Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On Uganda and Other Things...

It's hard to even know where to start. Maybe I'll start by apologizing (once again) for the real lack of blog posts. It's been hard to find the time and motivation needed to blog, and thus the dearth of writing. But now I have a new focus, and my hope is that this blog will become a great way to keep everyone updated on everything that's been happening!

Up until now, this blog has been more family oriented. But life and circumstances have changed, and this little ole' blog will be used to update family and friends about my life in... UGANDA! Yes, I am going to Uganda. Hopefully Mother will start a family blog so I can read up on my family's business while I'm away. That would be nice...

But in any case, I'm here to say that starting the beginning of September, I will be moving to Uganda, East Africa for six to nine months. Hopefully longer. I will be working in a wonderful orphanage, and learning more about myself and God in the process!
The journey to where I am now has been long and full. God has opened and closed so many doors that I think I'm too lost in Him to find my way back to the selfish person I was before. But that's another blog post :)

I will be writing more about my testimony later (I promise!), but for now I just want to sit back in awe of what the Lord has done. I'm SO excited that God is using me for His work, and I hope that you will follow my journey have your heart stirred too!

God is good!

1 comment: